Captain's Log
13 February 2010

Torrential Rain

Hi Everyone, Overnight we continued to make ground to the south but as with the rest of the South Coast of NSW continued to be saturated by torrential rain. By Morning brief we were located 15nm to the north east of Bateman’s Bay sailing close hauled under fore and aft sails. Due to the poor weather conditions I decided to stand the Youth Crew down after cleaning stations so that they would have an opportunity to have a hot shower and put on some dry clothing. Throughout the day our progress has been slowed by the continuation of heavy showers and light and variable winds. Despite these conditions, the Youth Crew have been kept busy setting and furling sails and continually adjusting the sail plan to suit the ever changing conditions. Spirits are still high with everyone looking forward to our first anchorage, which at this time is planned to be Eden sometime tomorrow morning.At present we are located 20nm to the east of Narooma, motor sailing due to the light and variable conditions. Until tomorrow, take care.Yours AyeCaptain Gav


36° 11' South / 150° 28' East


Currently locted 20nm to the east of Narooma and experiencing light and variable SW winds with a 1.5m South Easterly swell.