Captain's Log
22 November 2008


Ahoy Shipmates,As planned, at 2345 last night the ship went to tacking stations and we altered course to the north west. Throughout the night the weather conditions continued to deteriorate but we still manage to hold our course maintain a speed of 7kts. At 0830 this morning we rounded Cape Otway and shaped a new course for the township of Rope, which is located just across the South Australian border and is famous for its Crayfish. Following morning brief at 0900 the Youth Crew completed a quick set of cleaning stations then focused on keeping their normal sea watches during the day. Given the poor weather conditions no other activities were planned for today but it is hoped that the weather forecaster has got it right and conditions will start to improve overnight.At the moment we are 15nm to the south of Portland sailing under fore and aft sails and still maintaining a good speed of 7kts. If we can maintain this speed overnight we will come to anchor at Rope at approximately 1200 tomorrow, were we will remain for a 20 hour period. While anchored in Rope we will give the YC a chance to get ashore for a well earned leg stretch.Until tomorrow, take care.Yours AyeCaptain Gav 


38°46's / 141°58'e


Currently 15nm to the south of Portland and experiencing very strong 20-25kt S/SW winds with a 4m swell.