TERMS AND CONDITIONS “Official Rules” – The boring but important bit!
1. To be eligible to enter the Young Endeavour YouTube Competition (the Competition), you must have sailed with us on a Young Endeavour voyage. Your voyage doesn’t have to occur within the competition timeframe. Videos can be submitted by former youth crew who have sailed prior to the competition period.
2. If you are less than eighteen (18) years of age, you must have the following from your parent or guardian:
(a) consent for them to enter the Promotion; and
(b) agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Parents/guardians of entrants under eighteen (18) years of age may be required by the Young Endeavour Youth Scheme to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this Promotion.
4. The Competition will be judged by the Young Endeavour Youth Scheme (the Judges). The most popular video on the Young Endeavour YouTube channel as at 11.59pm on 30 June 2019 AEST will be awarded the prize pack. Only one winner will be selected. The video with the most ‘likes’ will be the winner. ‘Dislikes’ will not be viewed to discount the number of ‘likes’ for the video.
5. In the event that two or more videos receive the same number of ‘likes’, the Judges will decide on a winner based on which entry, solely in the opinion of the Judges, best represents and promotes the Scheme. The decision of the Judges is final.
6. The Competition will run between 12.01AM AEST 20 August 2018 – 11.59PM AEST 30 June 2019. Submissions can be made at any time during this period. Videos are to be sent to Young Endeavour Youth Scheme Dropbox and will be uploaded to Young Endeavour Youth Scheme YouTube Channel within 72 working hours of receipt. The duration that the video has been on the YouTube channel will not be taken into account when judging the competition.
7. If you wish to have your entry taken down from the Young Endeavour YouTube channel, you may do so by contacting the Young Endeavour Youth Scheme. If your entry is taken down, you will no longer be eligible to win the Competition.
8. By entering the Competition, you represent and warrant that your entry is your own, original work and that you have the power to exploit any underlying rights in the work. You further represent and warrant that neither the entry (nor its submission) nor the videos, music and photographs provided or arranged by you will breach any law or regulation or the rights of any third party (including any privacy or intellectual property law). You also agree to indemnify the Young Endeavour Youth Scheme against any loss resulting from breach of these warranties.
9. Videos must comply with Young Endeavour voyage principles or they will be disqualified. Our principles are:
(a) We treat everyone fairly and equally with respect for all;
(b) We encourage teamwork and personal development;
(c) We conduct all activities with professionalism;
(d) We insist on safety, 24 hours a day.
10. All video submissions must comply with YouTube Community Guidelines located here: https://www.youtube.com/intl/en-GB/yt/about/policies/#community-guidelines . You must also comply with YouTube contest guidelines located here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1620498?hl=en. Videos that don’t comply will be disqualified.
11. By entering the Competition you acknowledge that you accept YouTube Terms of Service.
12. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with YouTube or any other social media platform that the content might be shared on.
13. Young Endeavour Youth Scheme acknowledges that by using YouTube to run the Competition, we are doing so at our own risk.
14. Young Endeavour Youth Scheme complies with and our channel is consistent with YouTube Terms of Service.
15. Young Endeavour Youth Scheme may elect to share video submissions from their YouTube channel on Young Endeavour Youth Scheme social media channels, but are not obligated to share all posts an equal number of times. Entrants can encourage their community of friends and family to vote as many times as they like.