Corporate Scholarships give organisations the opportunity to support young Australians by offering the learning and development experience of a lifetime on board sail training ship Young Endeavour.
Corporate Supporters can sponsor employees or young people in the community to participate in an eleven day voyage in Young Endeavour. Support a leading youth development organisation and gain access to highly sought after training, development and incentive opportunities to benefit your organisation.
Thank you to our Corporate Supporters
Offer an unforgettable experience to an employee or young person in the community, who will discover that sailing a tall ship, like any goal or project, requires a team effort from each individual.
Over the course of each voyage, youth crew learn to sail a tall ship, including navigating, sail setting, climbing the 30m mast, keeping watch ann taking the helm. Youth crew work in small teams to sail the ship 24-hours a day in all types of conditions. They are supervised and supported by a professional Royal Australian Navy Crew who have been carefully selected and trained to carry out the program and to ensure the highest standards of safety and care.
The emphasis of the voyage is developing skills and attributes to develop each participant into a better team player, a more effective communicator and a leader.
Corporate Scholarship Berths can be created on any voyage for a young person of your choice. This opoprtunity can be used for a range of objectives, including to:
- build teamwork, communication, leadership, problem solving skills in employees
- reward achievement and foster loyalty in employees
- engage with customers or clients by offering the scholarship berth as a prize
- engage with the community by offering the scholarship berth as an award
In addition a guaranteed berth on the Young Endeavour, Corporate Supporters receive:
- Logo placement on the Young Endeavour website
- Invitations to functions and events, including opportunities to sail in Young Endeavour
- Logo placement in the Young Endeavour Annual Report.
Join an impressive line-up of organisations including: Blackmores, Commonwealth Bank, Eclipse Financial, Hungry Jacks, John Holland, Raytheon Australia, Skilled Group and Thales Australia who are all Corporate Supporters of the Young Endeavour Youth Scheme.
- share a challenging experience which develops leadership, communication and teamwork skills and a sense of community responsibility;
- develop a corporate leadership program through an innovative and successful youth development program;
- provide a fun, educational and inspiring vehicle to engage young people;
- create positive interaction with young people, their families and the community.
‘I truly feel I have grown and developed as an individual and in my capacity to be a leader throughout the voyage and in particular on Command Day.’
Samuel Doering, V17/06
Corporate Supporters also have the opportunity to get actively involved with Young Endeavour, including visiting the ship, joining youth crew for day sails (note: places limited), participating in media opportunities on board the ship and opportunities to secure corporate events or training days on board Young Endeavour.
Priority booking: Young Leaders Program
- Priority booking by a Corporate Supporter for a Young Leaders program onYoung Endeavour, offering a five-day voyage program for a crew of 24 young people, designed to meet your corporate objectives
Priority booking: Corporate Challenge
- Priority booking by a Corporate Supporter of Young Endeavour for use as staff development /reward program, such as a day sail including catering on Sydney Harbour, the Brisbane River or Port Phillip Bay
Priority booking: Hospitality venue
- Priority booking by a Corporate Supporter of Young Endeavour for use as hospitality venue, such as on Sydney Harbour during Australia Day celebrations.
Please note: dates are limited and cost and conditions apply for program and venue opportunities
"We have found ourselves at our physical and emotional limits, and then discovered our true potential. The experience has introduced us to some interesting home truths along the way and each of us has realised a lot about ourselves and each other."
Jordan Groeneveld, V07/07
For more information and voyage dates, please contact the Young Endeavour Youth Scheme Marketing Manager on 1800 020 444.
For Corporate Supporters
Getting the most out of your Corporate Scholarship Berths
Selection of youth crew
- Take a strategic approach to selecting youth crew.
- Involve executive and senior staff to promote and support the program.
- Integrate with other HR and training programs such as leadership programs/graduate programs.
- Link to management objectives to add value to the program.
- Emphasise the skills development aspects of a voyage - leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
- Involve managers in the selection and nomination of staff – don’t just rely on self nomination to attrac applicants.
- Start the selection program early – tentatively book some voyage options immediately (1800 020 444) as popular berths fill very quickly.
- Leave at least 5 - 6 months lead time to promote your program and select candidates.
Promote your program
- To encourage nomination or interest internally promote your program in partnership with internal communication and marketing staff.
- Promote your program to staff on the intranet, via information sessions, posters, newsletter articles, internal advertising and the like.
- Communicate about the program when the staff member returns eg presentations to staff, interviews in staff publications etc.
Evaluate your program
- Structure the program in three year cycles to allow time to promote, implement and evaluate the program.
- Link with other management, marketing and HR objectives.
- Get formal feedback from your participant and their manager soon after the voyage but allow 2 – 3 weeks until gathering feedback to allow the experience to ‘sink in’.
How the YEYS can assist you
- Providing marketing material such as a promotional DVD
- High resolution photographs
- Supporting brochures
- Guest talks and visits
- Visits to the ship
- Invitations to half day sails
- Corporate hospitality and training days for staff
- Professional photographs of your participant by arrangement
- Media support
Contact the YEYS Marketing Manager on 1800 020 444 for details.